Everything you need, nothing you don't. The Easy Board is our favorite hangboard at Frictitious for a couple reasons:
- It's custom contoured and super smooth edges make trying hard more comfortable and easier than ever before.
- It's crafted from hard maple which stands up to abuse and breaks in beautifully to give you just the right amount of friction.
- Our favorite feature, which boosts this boards training potential to another level is the incorporated mating features that allow you to mount the Easy Board, meaning you'll always have a perfect portable and stationary training platform at your finger tips.
The Easy Board includes two keyhole slots as shown, these interlock with the pins in the optional mounting board, which you can install above a doorway for example. Our patent pending mounting system let's you mount the Easy Board in 2 orientations:
- Mount it upward to warm up on the large jug on top, doubling as a sloping 35mm edge - perfect for open hand training.
- Flip it over and access to the smooth 20mm edge - the standardized edge for most training - but unlike most 20mm edges out there, ours is ULTRA comfortable, slightly more challenging than other 20mm edges, and has become our go-to training edge whether it's adding weight to our harness or using the cord loop as an "assist" with a full fist or a just a pinky to do one hand training
- Flip it back again, and engage your crimping on it's tougher yet comfy 12mm
The custom contours of the 20mm and 35mm edges allow you to also train pockets or open-hand on them by hanging with 3, 2, or 1 finger.
All features are accessible in both the mounted and portable mode. The cord loop pulls out either side so you can hang it right side up or upside down. Hang this board from a tree, do isometrics by pulling with the loop around your feet, warm up at the crag before climbing, get creative!
After realizing we were only using 2 edge sizes on our large hangboard here at our shop again and again, we set out to create something simpler, less wasteful, and more to the point. The selection of edges on this board allow you to warm up and get the exact stimulus your fingers need to get stronger, anywhere.
(P.S. - we highly recommend you get it with the mount, it's a huge upgrade! The mount is ~ 20" long and therefore you can mount it directly to the studs behind your drywall so long as they are less than 20" apart. Mounting screws included.)
Easy Board dimensions approximately: 18.5" x 4" x 1.5"
Easy Board Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzbR5qCs0IA