The Frictitious Doorway Mount. Get yours here and get 20% off any of our hangboards - it automatically applies when checking out!
Check out our demo video here: https://youtu.be/8He92CnGroI
The Frictitious Doorway Mount for hangboards is more than just a drywall saver. It allows you to:
- mount your hangboard on any doorway that accommodates the mount
- no need to drill and no need for a permanent set up
- mount in doorways without clearance between the top trim and ceiling for a hangboard
We created this product so everyone can have access to rock climbing training tools no matter their situation.
How it works:
The mount is super simple and robust. The large front panel includes a thin wood piece on it's back face, at the top. This piece rests on top of the doorway trim. The two c-clamps are installed as shown, and the thumb screws are tightened down against the included back wood piece to create a high clamping force, completely and rigidly locking the front panel and top trim wood strip tightly to the front doorway trim.
Set up takes less than a minute with some practice.
The mount is designed to fit all of our hangboard designs as well as any other hangboard measuring 23 1/4" wide and 9" tall or less.
- Full sized front mounting board
- 2 c-clamps
- 2 thumb screws
- back piece to for thumb screw contact and clamping
- Four vinyl rubber stickers for you to stick on your mount to protect the trim and drywall completely
Doorway fitment, etc:
- Our doorway mount will fit the majority of interior doorways, but we highly recommend measuring your doorway to ensure fitment - please consult our user manual for details.
- The mount is designed to be as strong as the trim of the doorway it is installed in. Only install this mount in doorways with fully secure and strong trim, the clamping force of the c-clamps may add some strength, but you need to be able to hang from the top of the trim without signs of moving or bending of the trim - see the user manual for complete doorway fitment requirements and weight limit restrictions.
Selecting C-Clamp Size:
- We highly recommend consulting the user manual for details and complete requirements.
- The 8" C-Clamps will fit the majority of doorways. It will fit doorways built in standard size (very common) walls measuring around 4.25" thick.
- The 6.5" C-Clamps will fit doorways built in non-standard (less common) walls measuring around 3" thick
- A photo of your doorway if you have any doubt about fitment!
- If you wish, you can email us and we'll pre-install your board of choice to the doorway mount so when it arrives, you won't need any tools at all to install.
We're super excited about this product, because we use it ourselves, and have solved the issue of hangboard mounting for many of our friends who tested the product for us. With a proper doorframe, explosive pull ups are not a problem at all.