The Frictitious Doorway Mount. Get yours here and get 20% off any of our hangboards - it automatically applies when checking out!
Check out our demo video here: https://youtu.be/8He92CnGroI
The Frictitious Doorway Mount for hangboards is more than just a drywall saver. It allows you to:
- mount your hangboard on any doorway that accommodates the mount
- no need to drill and no need for a permanent set up
- mount in doorways without clearance between the top trim and ceiling for a hangboard
We created this product so everyone can have access to rock climbing training tools no matter their situation.
How it works:
The mount is super simple and robust. The large front panel includes a thin wood piece on it's back face, at the top. This piece rests on top of the doorway trim. The two c-clamps are installed as shown, and the thumb screws are tightened down against the included back wood piece to create a high clamping force, completely and rigidly locking the front panel and top trim wood strip tightly to the front doorway trim.
Set up takes less than a minute with some practice.
The mount is designed to fit all of our hangboard designs as well as any other hangboard measuring 24" wide and 10" tall or less.
- Full sized front mounting board
- 2 c-clamps
- 2 thumb screws
- back piece to for thumb screw contact and clamping
- Four vinyl rubber stickers for you to stick on your mount to protect the trim and drywall completely
- Measure the width of the actual door in your doorway. This mount will fit doorways with doors ranging from 26" wide to 32" wide. Note that the front panel is 36" wide total, meaning the hallway the doorway is in or other interfering features need to be wide enough for it to fit (the mount goes on the side opposite of the side the door itself opens into)
- The mount will fit majority of standard interior doorways (like the one shown) that do not have extravagant or odd trim - meaning flush and normal size (email us a photo if you wish), and are built in a standard wall thickness. (most are)
- The mount is designed to be as strong as the trim of the doorway it is installed in. Only install this mount in doorways with fully secure and strong trim, the clamping force of the c-clamps may add some strength.
We're super excited about this product, because we use it ourselves, and have solved the issue of hangboard mounting for many of our friends who tested the product for us. With a proper doorframe, explosive pull ups are not a problem at all.